A comfortable, functional space is critical for successful meetings. As we have noted elsewhere, we can provide a space for an additional fee (this usually means that we will be meeting at a conference center). By far, it is easier for churches to request the use of meeting space at another church or organization – for, perhaps, a small donation.
Here is what we need in the space:
- Comfortable chairs, arranged around tables
- A screen and video projector with a VGA input, and an extension cord
- A small lectern (or even a music stand)
- A side table for handouts and miscellaneous stuff
- A side table for snacks and drinks
For snacks and drinks:
- Some healthy snacks are helpful (fruit, etc.)
- Coffee and soda
- When we work over lunch (which is the usual for our Saturday workshops), lunch should be provided – and should not require workshop participants to prepare it!
What we will bring:
- Materials for the tables, including handouts up to the number provided under our contract
- Some additional goodies to share with participants during our conversations